Tinchuley Boutique Hotel is the ultimate leisure place for your family
Tinchuley is a small himalayan hamlet in Darjeeling district and located at an altitude of 5,500ft, and just 3kms above Takdah. The word Tinchuley means Three Ovens (i.e. Tin Chullahs). And such name to the village has been given because of the three prominent hill tops that surround the place and which from far look like ovens or chullahs. Tinchuley faces the Kalimpong hills.Tinchuley Boutique Hotel is the best place to stay.
How to Reach Tinchuley
You may reach Tinchuley through a number of different routes. The most common road connects Tinchuley with Darjeeling. As you travel from Darjeeling towards Teesta through Jorbanglow, you will be traveling through the Peshok road. Just about 8 km before you reach Teesta Bazar, take a right turn from the 11th mile, also known as Lopchu Bazar area. From this turning, Tinchuley is just 4 km away. This route is the easiest if you are coming from Darjeeling, the distance is about 25 km.
Tinchuley is a drive of 32 km from Darjeeling. It is at a distance of 80 km from Siliguri, 35 km from Kalimpong and 88 km from Gangtok.
Best time to visit Tinchuley
The weather at Tinchuley is pleasant during most of the year. The altitude of the place is about 5,500 ft. The weather does not get too cold during the winter (of course you would require heavy woollens though) and during the summer months, Tinchuley does not lose its cool. The rainy season may observe heavy downpour and lasts between July and September
Nearby Places in Tinchuley
- The Sunrise point is an excellent place to view sunrise in the morning. Also, this hilltop provides a fantastic view of the East Himalayan mountain range. Next to the viewpoint is the Tinchuley Monastery which is also worth a visit.
- A couple of kilometers towards the Peshok road and you will reach Gumbadara, viewpoint provides a very wide view of the river Teesta from above, above the viewpoint is Gumbadara rock and cave, it’s a natural cave with a narrow entrance and the rock is ideal for climbers to practice on.
- Tinchuley should not be considered as a single destination, the whole area is quite popular for tourists and there are several tourist places within a few kilometers that can be visited based here. Takdah cantonment (3 kms) and Rangli-Rangliot tea garden is just a few minutes’ drive away. All the sightseeing of this area can be covered from here easily.
- Couple of kms downhill drive from Tinchuley will take you to Mangwa area. The Chota Mangwa and Bara Mangwa hills, that have grown in popularity on their own right are again a few minutes’ drive away.
- Lamahatta, a relatively new tourist destination that have come up on the Peshok road, is again just about 8 kms away from here.
About Tinchuley Boutique Hotel-
We have 8 beautifully designed well furnished rooms, located beside Gumbadara Viewpoint inside acres of forest land. We have multi cuisine restaurant,children’s play area, Wi-fi, LED Television in each room.
- Triple bed room- @Rs.5500/- with breakfast(2nd Fl)
- Double bed room @Rs.5000/-with breakfast(2nd Fl)
- Double bed [email protected]/- with breakfast(gr.Fl)