Tabakoshi is a tiny hamlet in the lap of tea garden of Mirik
Tabakoshi is a small hamlet near the Gopaldhara Tea Estate a few kilometers away from Mirik. The place is relatively unknown to the tourists and is quite peaceful unlike the crowd of Mirik or that of Dooars.
Nearby Places in Tabakoshi
- Lord Siva Temple-A beautiful Temple beside river
- Tea Gardens– A number of tea gardens producing the famous Darjeeling tea are located in and around Mirik.
- Tea Factory-There are two tea factories located in Taba Koshi, try to visit Gopal Dhara Tea factory.
- Fishing Point-Ask your home stay owner for the fishing point they will provide you fishing rods, try your hands out in fishing.
- Orchid House-This is basically a nursery with varieties of trees,orchids,flowers.
- Ginger Farm-Visit Local Ginger Farm. It will amaze you.
- View Point-This on the way to Mirik, from here you can have birds eye view of Taba Koshi.
Bokar Monastery– It is located on the way to Rameetay Dara and is famous as a Buddhist meditation centre.Bunkulung(Jayanti Nagar) – Ecotourism is being promoted here and home-stay facilities are available here. Rangbhang Homestay, Mirik Busty also promotes eco-tourism.Debisthan– A temple of a Hindu goddess located on a hillock near the Sumendu lake.Mirik Church– It is located near Don Bosco School.One of the most beautiful and one of the bigger catholic church of Darjeeling district.Orange Orchards– Mirik is famous for its high-quality oranges. These are grown in Mirik Busty, Murmah and Soureni Busty.
How to reach Tabakoshi:
From Siliguri within a distance of 55 km is Tabakoshi. To reach Tabakoshi it is better to hire cars either from NJP railway station or from Siliguri. Or one can avail the bus service or share car service upto Mirik, and from there by hired jeeps Tabakoshi can be reached.
Best time to visit in Tabakoshi:
It can be visited throughout the year. For bird lovers winter is the best time. The summers are very soothing, a perfect gateway to escape the scorching heat of the city life. Monsoons at Tabakoshi are ethereal. The surroundings become green and fresh. From Mirik one needs to come across Thurbo Estate, then take a slight right turn, there you will find “Pradhan Mantri Sarak Yojna”, by that route within 15 to 20 minutes one reaches Tabakoshi.
Tabakoshi in Rangbang valley is situated at about 1100 meters (3608 ft) from the see level. The Summer temperatures rising up to 24℃. In winters the temperatures might drop down to -1°C. Hence Tabakoshi is pleasant throughout the year for the tourists to visit. You may opt for the Riverside Camping during winters as the whether is dry. During summers you can enjoy the wild water swimming in the river Rangbang.
About Tabakoshi Homestay
We have 3 Cottage rooms & Dome Shaped Tent (winter only) in our homestay, our property is located beside River Rangbang
Rs.1650 per head per day with all meals.
You stay nearby places in Mirik