Rampuria Forest Village is located in Senchal Wildlife Sanctuary which lies 20 km South-East of Darjeeling town.Rampuria Village is one of the best Bird Lover’s paradise.You can also see the entire range of Mt.Kanchenjunga from this village. Rampuria Homestay offer you local hospitality and an opportunity to understand the local culture and way of living from a personal level.Lush green view of Runglee Rungliot Tea garden which soothing your eyes definitely from here.
Senchal Wildlife Sanctuary is one of the oldest sanctuaries in India (declared in 1915) and home to varied temperate flora and fauna. Flowering species of Rhododendron, Magnolias, Primula and Wild Orchids, among others are found in abundance. Other dominant plant varieties include various species of Ferns, Conifer, Bamboo, Oak. Common mammal species include Barking deer, Common leopard, Asiatic black bear, Wild Boar, Yellow throated marten. Common birds that can be sighted are Treepie, Magpie, Drongo, Tit, Babbler, Thrush species among many others. Additionally, many snakes, frogs, insects are also are found in abundance here.
How to Reach Rampuria-
Rampuria Forest village is 18 km from Tiger Hill, 14 km from Ghoom Monastery, as well as 15 km from Tibetan Buddhist Monastery Darjeeling.The nearest airport is Bagdogra Airport, 79 km away.Takdah & Tinchuley is just about 8 km from here.Yo have to come from Jorebunglow & then take right from 6th mile crossing.
Things to do in Rampuria-
- A 7 km trek /drive to Mungpoo town famous for its Cinchona plantation, Rabindranath Tagore Museum and orange orchard, cymbidium orchid centre
- Visits to nearby waterfall, cave, tea estate
- Visitors are also welcome to participate in the daily activities of farming, cooking and livestock feeding
- You can also visit Lamahatta,Takdah,Tinchuley,Peshok in one side and Chota & Bara mangwa can be visited from here.
- A day visit of Darjeeling town & Tiger Hill (2.8 km)can be possible from here
- One of the oldest & finest Tea Garden in Darjeeling Dist. Runglee Rungliot, you can visit easily from here.
About Rampuria Homestay-
We invite our guests to experience the traditional Nepali hospitality in the splendor of nature, The forest fringe village is an ideal place to relax and enjoy the nature. It is best suited for families and friends who want to avoid regular hotel stay and the crowds.The atmosphere here is relaxing one may wander off into a state of nirvana.
We have 7 double bed rooms with attached toilets of 5 of them.Each room is with LED television,electric kettle & terrace.
Best time to Visit in Rampuria-
The best time to visit this region is April-May and October to March.
Rs.1300 per head per day with all meals.5 to 8 years of children will be charge 50% & above 8 years as full.