Delo Retreat-must choose for best view of Mt.Kanchenjunga
Delo Retreat is located about 7km from Kalimpong town on Delo Hill. It is just across the famous Delo Park. The property is spread over 8 acres of the ridge and commands a panoramic view of Kanchenjunga and its sister peaks, the Sikkim hills and the River Teesta. It has seven super deluxe double bedded rooms and one super deluxe quadruple family room. All rooms have an unobstructed view of the mountains.
Within the property there are walking trails, lookout points and other interesting features. There is also a large outdoor generator to provide electricity during power outages.
The landscaped hillside has interesting plant species- tea, ginko biloba, rhododendrons, azaleas, maple, tree ferns, varieties of bamboo, wild raspberries etc. There is a sit-out area of hewed stone that provides a majestic view of the river, hills and mountains.
Distance from Kalimpong to nearby towns-
Distance & time between Kalimpong and other places
- Darjeeling: 55kms (2.5 hours by car)
- Gangtok: 75kms (3 hours by car)
- New Jalpaiguri (NJP): 73kms (2.5 hours by car)
- Siliguri: 65kms (2.5 hrs by car)
- Bagdogra: 75kms (2hours 45mins by car)
- Lava: 34kms (1.5 hours by car)
- Loleygaon: 52kms (2.5 hours)
- Rishyap: 29kms (2 hours)
- Pedong: 20kms (1 hour)
Local Sightseeing from Kalimpong-
- Dr Graham’s Homes: This missionary school was set up by Dr. J A Graham in 1900 as an orphanage cum school for the destitute Anglo Indian children.
- Mangal Dham: An excellent temple complex built in the memory of late Guruji Mangal Dasji and dedicated to Lord Krishna. Devotees come from far away places.
- Morgan House: This used to be an old British property and reflect a typical colonial architecture with sprawling garden and views of Kanchenjunga.
- Durpin Monastery: This Tibetan monastery is located on the Durpin hill and hence such name. The actual name is Zang Dog Palri monastery. It was built in 1972.
- Pine View Nursery: It has great collections of cactus and ornamental plants. You get great view of Kalimpong town from the backside lawn. Entry fee: Rs. 10/- per person.
Nearby Villages you can stay overnight-
Kafer or Lolegaon
Tariff of Delo Retreat (GST is Applicable)