Peshok Tea Village
Best place to stay in Peshok Tea Garden or in Tinchuley area with a view of Mt.Kanchenjunga
It is a small picturesque Tea Garden in Darjeeling dist.it is very close to Tinchuley.You can reach easily from Jorebunglow or Teesta Bazar via Lamahatta or Tinchuley to Peshok.Clear view of Mt.Kanchenjunga can be visible in a sunny day from Peshok.
Peshok is a dreamy place with all modern comfort. A great place to stay in and have very relaxed holiday. Expect Great Weather and Great Hospitality.Our homestay is surrounded by Orange Trees,Tea Garden & Cardamom garden.
Peshok Nearby Attractions
- The famous Orange Orchards provide freshly prepared orange juice, marmalades and pickles which are available at reasonable prices.
- The Tinchuley Monastery has a long line of prayer wheels on an exterior wall and is eminent for the fact that a Lama had meditated for 17 years.
- Visit the nearest tea estate Rungli Rungliot and Peshok Tea Estate for pure tea directly coming from the factory.
- Witness the glorious dawn from Tinchuley View Point and the beautiful Kanchenjunga peak as the day sets in slowly.
- Gumbadara is another place to visit to see the river Rangeet and a part of Sikkim. This place provides a great place for the rock climbers along with several caves yet undiscovered by many.
- Lamahatta Village with a green garden surrounded encircled with waving prayer flags and a variety of flowers blooming all around is a nice place to visit
- Takdah monastery offers an awesome view of Rungli Rungliot Tea Gardens, Teesta Valley Tea Estate and Durpin Dara View Point from the top. Though people should avoid it if they don’t want to climb the steep staircase that leads to the monastery.
How To Reach Peshok
Train : Nearest railway station is NJP. It takes nearly 2hr 30 mins to reach Peshok from NJP via Peshok Road.
Flight : The Nearest airport is Bagdogra. It takes 2hr 40 mins to reach Peshok from NJP via Peshok Road.
Best Time to Visit
You can visit this place anytime in the year. Hills and tea gardens are always welcoming in summer. The monsoon may not be suitable time if one tries for adventure else it is a superb time to enjoy the greenery of the tea garden. The autumn with its holidays and bright sunshine sketches magic in the tea garden. Misty over the tea garden in winter brings an other-worldly feeling. Spring is an excellent time to see blossom in the site seeing. Rhododendron, Magnolia, Tulip, Orchids spatter the hill with magical colour in March April.
- Bhusan Homestay–We have 3 rooms in our homestay,Rs.1350 per head per day in double sharing with all meals
- Sovakiran Homestay–We have 2 rooms in our homestay.Rs.1350 per head per day in double sharing with all meals