Dawaipani-medicinal village in Darjeeling
Call +91 9830011715/ +91 7980453218
Dawaipani, tranquility in Eastern Himalayas
Dawaipani is small Himalayan village in North Bengal under fascinating Darjeeling district. This village is situated in opposite hill of Darjeeling town that is the famous for Tiger Hill.
Dawaipani meaning in local language is ‘Medicated water’, the name derived from local river (Khola) which passes through the village. This village is surrounded by few renowned tea estates like Glenburn Tea estate, Lamahatta Tea estate, Takdah Tea estate and lush green pine trees.
Dawaipani Outdoor Activity :
- Trekking – A popular light trek of an hour is from Nomadic Homestay – Dawaipani to the Peshok road. There are several other trekking trails of moderate to a high difficulty level for the serious trekkers.
- Hike in the forest – Thick Himalayan forest areas surround this place. So go for a hiking adventure and discover the mysteries of nature.
- Bird watching – the thick forest is the natural home for a huge variety of birds.
- Farm visit – Enjoy the visit to the local farm of vegetables and fruits.
- Traditional dance – get immersed in the rich cultural activity by witnessing the traditional dance by the locals.
Dawaipani Nearby Attractions :
The resort is at a short distance from the town of Darjeeling and so a number of places are easy to reach from here.
Darjeeling – the queen of hills offer all kinds of tourist attractions, starting from the majestic Tiger Hill viewpoint, toy train ride, mall area shopping to the exquisite tasting of the world famous Darjeeling tea.
The Resort is also near to other towns like Lamhatta , Sittong or the ‘orange village’, Kalimpong etc.
The best time to visit :
This Place has a cool climate all around the year as it is situated at a high altitude of 6500 feet. However, it receives heavy rainfall in the monsoon months of July and August. So except for these months, you can visit it any month as per your choice. However, do not forget your woollens when you go.
How to reach:
By train: The major stations – Siliguri is 72 km and NJP is 76 km from the Property. From the stations, one has to book the cab which takes about 2 hours and 50 minutes to reach depending on the road condition.
By flight: Bagdogra airport is situated around 75 km from the town and takes about 3 hours to reach.
Rs.1300 per head per day with all meals.