Tabakosi Tea Valley Homestay,Mirik
Taba Kosi is a tiny hamlet in the lap of tea garden in Mirik
Taba Kosi is a small hamlet near the Gopaldhara Tea Estate a few kilometers away from Mirik. The place is relatively unknown to the tourists and is quite peaceful unlike the crowd of Mirik or that of Dooars.
From Mirik, Tabakoshi is just 8 kilometers downhill near the Gopaldhara tea estate standing at a height of about 5000 ft. Taba Kosi is such a hamlet, around which several tea gardens are spread out.
The name of Taba kosi derived from the name of a river in Nepal. Tabakoshi is also an ideal gateway for bird lovers and nature lovers. There is short route by the side of tea garden from Taba Kosi that connects to the nearest Rangbhang Khola through the dense greenery of Pine, Oak and Juniper.
Nearby Places in Tabakoshi
- Lord Siva Temple-A beautiful Temple beside river
- Tea Gardens– A number of tea gardens producing the famous Darjeeling tea are located in and around Mirik.
- Tea Factory-There are two tea factories located in Taba Koshi, try to visit Gopal Dhara Tea factory.
- Fishing Point-Ask your home stay owner for the fishing point they will provide you fishing rods, try your hands out in fishing.
- Orchid House-This is basically a nursery with varieties of trees,orchids,flowers.
- Ginger Farm-Visit Local Ginger Farm. It will amaze you.
- View Point-This on the way to Mirik, from here you can have birds eye view of Taba Koshi.
- Bokar Monastery– It is located on the way to Rameetay Dara and is famous as a Buddhist meditation centre.
- Bunkulung(Jayanti Nagar) – Ecotourism is being promoted here and home-stay facilities are available here. Rangbhang Homestay, Mirik Busty also promotes eco-tourism.
- Debisthan– A temple of a Hindu goddess located on a hillock near the Sumendu lake.
- Mirik Church– It is located near Don Bosco School.One of the most beautiful and one of the bigger catholic church of Darjeeling district.
- Orange Orchards– Mirik is famous for its high-quality oranges. These are grown in Mirik Busty, Murmah and Soureni Busty.
How to reach:
From Siliguri within a distance of 60 km is Tabakoshi. To reach Tabakoshi it is better to hire cars either from NJP railway station or from Siliguri. Or one can avail the bus service or share car service upto Mirik, and from there by hired jeeps Tabakoshi can be reached.
Best time to visit:
It can be visited throughout the year. For bird lovers winter is the best time. The summers are very soothing, a perfect gateway to escape the scorching heat of the city life. Monsoons at Tabakoshi are ethereal. The surroundings become green and fresh. From Mirik one needs to come across Thurbo Estate, then take a slight right turn, there you will find “Pradhan Mantri Sarak Yojna”, by that route within 15 to 20 minutes one reaches Tabakoshi.
We have 6 rooms in our homestay
Rs.1550 per head per day with all meals.