Murti River Resort in Gorumara Forest,Dooars
Murti is the name of a river flowing down from the Neora Valley National Park. Murti as a place is situated besides the same river between the Chapramari forest & Gorumara National Park.With crystal clear water from the melting glaciers of the Himalayas, the stunning Murti River is best known for its tranquil atmosphere, in the midst of a flowing river and quiet woods. The beauty of the place is best experienced at Sunset.Murti River Resort is the best place to stay in Gorumara area.
As the hills border the mountain kingdom of Bhutan, you can expect a dramatic change in the landscape from lush green forest to rocky hills.
Gorumara National Park-
Gorumara National Park is an important national park of North Bengal. It is situated just at the foot hills of Eastern Himalaya in Terai region, on the flood plains in Murti, Raidak. Jaldhaka a tributary of Brahmaputra flows just beside the National Park. Gorumara has mixed vegetation of forest and grassland. It is famous for its good population of One Horned Indian Rhino.
How to Go-
The nearest place to get down from the bus is Chalsa. There are very frequent bus services available from Siliguri to Chalsa. From Chalsa to Gorumara is only 30 minutes journey. The nearest airport is Bagdogra which is 85 kms away and takes two hours to reach inGorumara National Park
Best time to Visit-
Oct to June
Forest Watch Towers
Here are the watchtowers in Gorumara National Park. Visit the links to know our experiences:
- Jatraprasad Watch Tower and Rhino Point
- Medla Watch Tower
- Chandrachur Watch Tower (also known as Khunia Watch Tower)
- Chukchuki Watch Tower
- Chapramari Watchtower
Watchtower Entry & Counter Timings
There are four entries or four shifts in a day. Timings vary depending on season.
March to September
- Visit time: 6am to 7:30am; Permits Issued: 5:30am to 6:30am.
- Visit time: 8:30am to 7:30am; Permits Issued: 6:30am to 7:30am.
- Visit time: 2pm to 3:30pm; Permits Issued: 1pm to 2pm.
- Visit time: 4:30pm to 6pm; Permits Issued: 2pm to 3pm.
October to February
- Visit time: 6:30am to 8am; Permits Issued: 6am to 7am.
- Visit time: 9am to 10:30am; Permits Issued: 7am to 8am.
- Visit time: 1pm to 2:30pm; Permits Issued: 12noon to 1pm.
- Visit time: 3:30pm to 5pm; Permits Issued: 1pm to 2pm.
NOTE: Apart from the watch towers of Gorumara, you can also get entry permits for Chapramari Wildlife Sanctuary at the ticket counter at Lataguri. Entry and counter timings are the same.
Fare updated: February 2019
- Vehicle cost from Lataguri to:
- Jatraprasad/Rhino Point, Medla, Chandrachur: Rs. 990
- Chukchuki: Rs. 720
- Chapramari: Rs. 1140; Rs. 1320 (with tribal dance program)
- Vehicle entry fee: Rs. 100
- Guide fee: Rs. 180
- Video Camera: Rs. 200
- Per person entry fee:
- Jatraprasad: Rs. 120 (for shift 1-3), Rs. 160 (shift 4)
- Chapramari, Chandrachur, Chukchuki: Rs. 70 (shift 1-3), Rs. 120 (shift 4)
- Medla: Rs. 120; Additional Rs. 40 for Bullock Cart Ride.
Tariff in Murti River Resort-
- Economy Double AC-Rs.2100/-+12%GST
- Deluxe Double AC-Rs.2499+18% GST
- Deluxe Four Bed AC-Rs.3500+18%
- Swiss Tent Double AC-Rs.2499+12%
- Swiss Tent Four Bed AC-Rs.3200+18%