Bhutan Tourism-Get Info about popular tourist destinations,must visit places in Bhutan,tour packages,best time to go
Bhutan is unlike the average tourist place, It is popularly known as ‘Land of Thunder Dragon.’ It is a landlocked country situated in the Eastern Himalayas, bordered along the People’s Republic of China to the north, having India to the south, east, and west.The land consists mostly of high and steep mountains crisscrossed by a network of swift rivers, which form deep valleys. The country has the world’s highest unclimbed peak, Gangkhar Puensum, at 24,836 feet.
Special Facts about Bhutan-
- Bhutan is known for its natural beauty, forest conservation, gross national happiness, great culture & heritage and biodiversity.
- Bhutan covers 72% forest area of the country which is one of the large biodiversity places in the world.
- Bhutan is the only nation in the world where the sale of tobacco is banned.
- The capital city, Thimphu, has no traffic lights– just white-gloved traffic officers. When the city tried to install some lights there was a public outcry, and they were promptly removed.
- Visit the World’s Only Carbon-Negative Country,Bhutan has built sustainability into its national identity.
Time Zone:GMT +06:00
Capital’s calling code:+975-2
The most popular & major festivals of Bhutan
Jambay Lhakhang Drup
Immigration in Bhutan