Tinchuley is a small Himalayan Village offering a breathtaking view of Mt. Kanchenjungha with lush green tea garden.
It has a number of newly developed homestays which does not give you the amenities of a hotel BUT everything that you need to stay comfortably is provided.
The village has a wonderful rustic look with Pine trees on both sides of the road, a tea garden overlooking Kanchenjungha & a very old Buddhist monastery.If you are looking forward to spend a couple of days away from the hustle bustle of city life, this is the place to be…Gumbadara Homestay in Tinchuley would be the best place to stay in lap of nature.
How to reach Tinchuley
Best time to visit Tinchuley
Nearby Places in Tinchuley
- The Sunrise point is an excellent place to view sunrise in the morning. Also, this hilltop provides a fantastic view of the East Himalayan mountain range. Next to the viewpoint is the Tinchuley Monastery which is also worth a visit.
- A couple of kilometers towards the Peshok road and you will reach Gumbadara, viewpoint provides a very wide view of the river Teesta from above, above the viewpoint is Gumbadara rock and cave, it’s a natural cave with a narrow entrance and the rock is ideal for climbers to practice on.
- Tinchuley should not be considered as a single destination, the whole area is quite popular for tourists and there are several tourist places within a few kilometers that can be visited based here. Takdah cantonment (3 kms) and Rangli-Rangliot tea garden is just a few minutes’ drive away. All the sightseeing of this area can be covered from here easily.
- Couple of kms downhill drive from Tinchuley will take you to Mangwa area. The Chota Mangwa and Bara Mangwa hills, that have grown in popularity on their own right are again a few minutes’ drive away.
- Lamahatta, a relatively new tourist destination that have come up on the Peshok road, is again just about 8 kms away from here.
About Gumbadara Homestay-
Our Homestay is located just beside Gumbadara Viewpoint, where you can see the sunrise with lush green tea garden view.We have 5 rooms double & triple sharing basis with balcony & geyser in each rooms.Rs.1500 per head per day with all meals.