Katwa Jol Bari,Belun Eco Village,Bardhaman
175 kms from kolkata- Katwa Jol Bari Belun is a perfect weekend destination for all
A pristine green village in the heart of nature … A birder’s paradise.a perfect place for leisure in the weekends, organic food , ethnic rural Bengali food menu… not a typical resort , but something more than that. The design and structure of the rooms and toilets are ‘ first of its kind’ in Bengal. An area of 7 bighas in the campus, and 20 bighas more of a forest that has been created in the far end of the village.Belun. a must go for one and all.Katwa Jol Bari is a unique place to stay with your family & friends.
Why its unique – The place is surrounded by a narrow but interesting river Shibai , which flows from Birbhum to Katwa – The versatility of the trees and plants and the density of green provide such a comfortable and soothing ambience and temperature that one will feel that it’s not a village in Bengal but a famous and well known place perhaps in Assam or Odisha.
Places to visit –
- Attohas, a famous sati pith located at a distance of 17 odd kms from Belun.
- Khoira Mari bill ( Bharatpur ) – Located at a distance of 35 kms from Belun, this place is a birder’s paradise . Small hand driven boats are there to take you up close to the hundreds and hundreds of migratory ducks like Lesser Whistling, Ruddy Shell, Northern Shroveller, Coot, Moorhens etc. Storks and birds of prey of different kinds can be seen up close here.
- Nayachar – Located near Katwa, another beautiful spot for boating and bird watching.
- Kalyanpur- 18 kms from Belun, one of the best places in Bengal to watch the endangered and the majestic Gangetic Dolphin in the wild, in the Ganges.
- Apart from this , one can enjoy the jungle hike inside the forest located at the far end of the village, in search of jackals and lesser cats. Interested guests can also enjoy the newly introduced ” NIGHT TRAIL ” , exclusively designed by us for the adventure and wildlife enthusiasts.
How to Reach Katwa
The place is a 3-hour drive from Kolkata. One can travel along the Durgapur Expressway and drive via Bardhaman, covering a distance of 175 kilometres to reach this cradle of nature.
About Katwa Jol Bari
At Belun Eco Village we have 4 triple bed rooms for guests with attached western bathrooms and all modern amenities.
TARIFF (includes food + AC lodging + selected activities):
- 3150 per adult per day
- 2000 (for children between 5 to 10 years)
Kids between 1 to 4 years are complimentary
Driver Accommodation:INR 1500 per head per day including all meals