Karugram (Craft Village) is a hidden paradise, nestled in the lap of nature is just 3 &1/2 hrs drive from Kolkata airport and about 10 KMs from Bolpore rilways station.The bungalows & rooms are aesthetically made resembling the rustic look of villages from outside with facilities of that a modern life demands.
Let the lush green surrounding, the sweet village lass, large water bodies and unspoilt ethnic people be your neighbour for few days.
At present, there are a total of 9 duplex huts, all designed in a traditional way, so that visitors can feel at one with the natural space around them and to promote local artistry.
How to Reach:
By Train: Sealdaha Station to Bolpur (150 km) avail Kanchanjhangha Express, Matara Express. From Kolkata Station Balurghat Express. From Howrah Station to Bolpur, Express trains are Ganadebata, Santiniketan, Malda Intercity, Kabiguru, Satabdi, Biswabharati Fast Passenger etc. Santiniketan is just 2km away from Bolpur Station, Rickshaws are available.
By Car: Avail two road route 1) From Kolkata via Durgapur Expressway to Burdwan 108 Shiva Mandir towards Guskara and Vedia to Santiniketan (short route ,172 km.) 2)Via Durgapur Express to Panagarh Darjeeling More towards Illum Bazar and way to Santiniketan (distance 210km from Kolkata.)
- Sonajhurir Sanibarer Haat- The sonibarer haat at Sonajhuri, Khoai is one of the best places to rewind, enjoy & relax. The bauls singing, the tribal dances & the local haat where all items locally made are available quite cheap is a delight to watch, shop & enjoy.
- Visva Bharati University- It was founded by Rabindranath Tagore who called it Visva-Bharati, which means the communion of the world with India.
- Srijani Shilpagram- Srijani Shilpagram is located in Santiniketan Sriniketan area at Bolpur in Birbhum District. It is developed and maintained by EZCC (Eastern Zonal Cultural Centre
- Kopai River
- The Kankalitala Temple- Kankalitala is a temple town near Bolpur subdivision of Birbhum district in West Bengal. It is located about 9 kilometers (5.6 miles) from Bolpur
- Maluti (also Malooti, or) is a small village near Shikaripara in Dumka District of Jharkhand, India. The place has 72 old temples.
We have 9 AC Mud Duplex Villa, all designed in a traditional way, so that visitors can feel at one with the natural space around them and to promote local artistry. The rooms have been created using clay and wall murals have been painted by various tribal artists. Each of the rooms has a living room, a bedroom, a powder room / walk in closet, bathroom, an open terrace.
Tariff- CP – Rs. 4000.00 + 18%
Below 05 Years Complementary
06 to 12 Years = 250.00 ( With out bed )
Above 12 Yrs = 600.00 ( with bed )