Stay at Luxurious Tree House for a unique Wildlife experience with Giant Squirrels
Those Tree House gives a close view of those beautiful creatures nesting on the same Ficus Tree on which the house is perched atop. This nature tree house is located in Kaliamba in Ganjam district of Odisha.The Giant Squirrel with 2ft long colourful tail and dark red fur on the majestic slender body is seen hopping and jumping from one branch to other of the trees in the campus making loud calls . They rest in large globular nests of twigs and leaves with one door and each Giant Squirrel is seen building more than one nest for it. The tree with the Tree House is home to 15 to 20 Giant Squirrels perching on different branches and the Eco-Campus has more number of Giant Squirrels nesting on trees . They rarely leave the tree except for chasing its mating pair orelse mostly seen living on its own- secretive and shy.
How to reach
Ganjam can be reached by Railways, Roadways and Airways.
By Road – There is no bus stop in Ganjam. Nearest option is Berhampur stop which is approx 36 km and a hired vehicle reaches you to your destination within 1 hour.
By Railways – Ganjam has its own railway station which is connected to the rest parts of India.
By Airways – Biju Patnaik Airport of Bhubaneswar is the nearest one. It is 166 km away and a local cab can reach you to your destination within 3 hours.
Best time to visit
Although the place is beautiful throughout the year, October to June prove to be the best seasons to visit the place. Moreover, you will get to see a lot of festivals happening during this time.
- Visit Taratarini Temple, one of the four major Adishakti peethas, situated on hill top.
- For that totally offbeat beach with calm and serene environment, Gopalpur beach is your place to be.
- Visit the Old Jetty for that short walk along the sea.
- Find a small piece of Tibet in Jiranga Monastery, encircled by green mountains.
- Rolling hills, green jungle take you to this Hot spring called Taptapani, which has medicinal properties.
- In Gajapati district of Odisha, you will find the beautiful Khasada waterfall.
- Visit India’s biggest inland lake called Chilka. You may spot Dolphins here.
- Many other beaches can be explored as well like the Dhabaleswar Beach and Pati Sonepur beach.
- You can visit Vetnai Village in Ganjam, famous for Black Buck
Treetop house (Double Bedded) AC Suite – INR 4000 (Per Suite per Day with all meals)
Forest Rest house (Double Bedded) AC Suite- INR 4000 (Per Suite per Day with all meals)
Kids between 1 to 3 years are complimentary
Kids from 4 years will be charged INR 1000 for foods and lodging. (To be paid at the destination)